Today after proceeding with the work I have to do, I was stuck with one problem, so I stopped working and took a bit of time continuing to try to get php work through hunchentoot. The last time it worked partially, and it seemed like it needs some more environmental variables.
So I reconfigured my hunchentoot to use php-cgi through cgi rather than through fastcgi. And I changed /etc/alternatives/php (which was a symlink anyway) into
#! /bin/bash env > /tmp/environz php5-cgi
Surprisingly, this worked, and looking at /tmp/environz, I saw some strange variables being set:
I have no idea what this does. Obviously giving some version-number. I will try what happens when not setting it. And if it fails, I’ll maybe just set it to 22.214.171.124 and see what happens.
Dunno, why a cgi-script would want to know this. There are quite a few other HTTP_ variables. As far as I read, HTTP_* is just the value of the Http-Header *, passed by the server. So maybe I will just do this.
This is the most strange variables of all. I dont really get the point to this. Googling for it, I only found strange results.
Well, at the moment I somehow get Segmentation Faults from php-cgi. And actually I am too tired to proceed working at it. At least as soon as my current work is done, I will spend a few days get this whole thing work properly. But till that, I will need enough sleep. So … Good Night.